When it comes to more complex proposals, we can, on your behalf, engage with the Local Authority at an early stage. Seeking pre-planning application advice will help overcome potential problems with your application and make sure you tick all the correct boxes. Engaging with Council’s Planning Departments from the onset is encouraged by the Government and could significantly improve the quality and success of planning applications. This is supported by the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) paragraphs 39-46.
Benefits of this process are:
- It will assist in preparing proposals for formal submission, resulting in a better-quality planning application which in turn will help the Local Authority process scheme more quickly.
- It gives a better understanding how the Council’s policies will be applied to proposals.
- It will help identify potential problems. Such problems can then be addressed before an application is submitted.
- Amendments to schemes later in the application process can be avoided which can be costly (time-consuming).
- The service can identify in advance if additional professional input is required (advice or surveys).
- It may reduce time professional advisors spend on developing / designing the proposal, saving money.
- It could identify if the proposal is a non-starter, saving the costs pursuing a formal application.